Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our History


Rachel and I met in April of 2003 in Provo, UT.  We both moved into an apartment complex named Carriage Cove.  I was going to UVU studying Earth Science - Secondary Ed., and 
Rachel was studying Secondary Math Ed. at BYU.  Well, the apartment was also nicknamed marriage cove, and we got hitched between semesters on December 19, 2003.  

We started our teaching careers in 2005 as teacher interns. (Student teaching was not feasible for both of us at the same time.)  I taught at Payson Jr. High and Rachel taught at Spanish Fork Jr. High.  We made a whopping $24,900 that first year combined between the two of us, but we were blessed and got into a little town home and really enjoyed teaching.  

After graduation, we went looking and decided to take teaching jobs in Star Valley, Wyoming.  I teach Physical Science and Geology at Star Valley High School, and Rachel teaches Algebra at Star Valley Middle School.  We absolutely love it here.  Yesterday marks 2 years since we came up here.  We miss seeing family and friends, but we're still fairly close to home.  We'll post some pics shortly of what we like to do up here.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good job Drew! You managed a picture and your links all work too! Next you need to post some pictures of your house for those of us who can't seem to make the trip up there.

Melenie said...

You guys have a blog! Good for you!
By the way, I'm embarrassed that Jeff took the soap from your bathroom.

Ali said...

Yea for you guys getting a blog! I'm excited to check in on you every once in a while.

The Buts said...

Yo Taydawgs! Good to see you have a blog. Now I can keep track of you. Can't wait to come and visit with Preston and Ashley. No dates tied down yet, but we're working on it. Put your bike and house on here so we can see them. TTFN, Quinn