The "cold" that I thought Ryan had at the end of January turned out to be RSV! Although he had a terrible wheezing sound in his lungs, a nasty cough, a runny nose, and was miserable for awhile, he was quite a trooper! In fact, he was his normal, happy self through most of the 6 weeks he had RSV. About 2 weeks after the RSV was gone, he got an ear infection. I could tell it was hurting him pretty bad because he was much fussier than he's ever been and it was interrupting his sleep. We've been giving him some medicine and the infection is cleared up now, so we hoped he'd be healthy for awhile! Unfortunately, the medicine gave him terrible diarrhea, which of course led to a horrible diaper rash. Now we're getting rid of the rash and he's throwing up! I can't decide if I should attribute this to the medicine or not, but either way, I hope he's feeling better SOON!
Ryan's eating fruits and vegetables now, and really likes them both. He has yet to turn up his nose or spit out anything that we feed him. I hope this love of healthy food continues :) We've also given him a sippy cup with apple juice in it. He hasn't figured out how to drink from it yet, but he sure thinks it's a fun toy.
Ryan is finally sitting up! It took him quite awhile to do it, and even once he started, he didn't enjoy it very much. We really had to encourage him to sit and he fought it for several weeks. Now he seems to have mastered the task and will do it without so much prompting.
No crawling yet (thank goodness!) but he is starting to scoot around a little if there's something he really wants to get to.
Ryan scooting to get to some wrapping paper
(Sorry about the TV in the background - the Jazz Game was on!)
(Sorry about the TV in the background - the Jazz Game was on!)
And lastly, Ryan has cut 2 teeth! When the first tooth came in, he handled it so well, I didn't even know he was teething until the tooth cut through. The second tooth came in at the same time he got an ear infection, so his fever and fussiness could have been attributed to either (or both). Every time I see him and his new teeth, it reminds me how fast he's growing up - a bittersweet thought.
Ryan splashing in the tub
At his 8 month appointment, Ryan weighed 13 lbs 7 oz, was 27 inches long, and his head was 16 1/2 inches around. Still in the 3rd percentile, but growing nonetheless! He still loves to talk and babble, and he's the most observant, aware baby I've seen. He wants to see and talk to everyone and anyone that's around. He's started smacking his lips and clicking his tongue, and he loves to wiggle and dance (with or without music). He's so much fun and I'm just loving this age!
3 comments:
What a cute little guy. I feel like we haven't seen him in a long time!
Such a sweet boy! Hopefully these viruses will leave all of us, especially baby Ryan, alone SOON!Yuck!
He looks so much like you, Rach! What a cutie!
Post a Comment