Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Showers Bring...Mice!?!

Yesterday was oh, so lovely. The sun was shining, snow was melting, and it was warm enough to enjoy the great outdoors! In fact, it was so nice, this is what we found Andy doing:


Yep, that's right. He's snow-blowing the YARD! (If you're laughing, think about what our neighbors were doing!) He thought that if he spread out all the piles of snow, they would melt faster and perhaps we'll have grass soon! Ryan thought this was quite fun to watch - he just sat there staring at Dad and giggling. I think he enjoyed being outside too.

Not terribly suprising, Andy found a little more than just grass underneath the snow. We have a slight problem with mice building nests in our grass below the snow piles. Andy thinks it's pretty funny to watch the critters fly through the air after he shoots them out of the snow-blower :)


After our lovely weather, the warm sun, and Andy's attempts to get rid of the snow sooner, this is what we woke up to this morning:



Yes, that's another 4 inches of snow - and it's still coming down!

8 comments:

MKS said...

lets start a "we hate mice" club" too bad about all the snow

Jordan said...

Andy,
What's going on in that 2nd picture...are you wearing earings?
Spreading out the snow sounds like a good idea to me...I wasn't laughing=) Plus you don't have some of those little critters eating your grass anymore.
Jeff

Amanda said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I absolutely HATE mice. I don't even want to think about what is lurking underneath my two feet of snow. I'm freaking out right now. I can just see Tyler bringing me a dead mouse that he finds. GROSS!!!

Julie said...

Too bad. I could actually see a glimpse of grass on your lawn for a minute. When are you going to move from that frozen artic land and down here where it's warm all year round! I need a play buddy.

The Buts said...

Nice earing Taylor!!(second picture) I always kinda knew-J/K!!! My dad was snowblowing his front yard last week too. It cracks me up.

The Sohm's said...

So all I have to say is "hahahaha" I thought this post was hilarious especially to see that it snowed the next day. Andy just cracks me up!

Tanilee said...

Oh my gosh, that snow is amazing! I could really go for some of that right about now. Can we trade weather please, like for the next four months at least?

Ali said...

gotta admit that's pretty funny, you guys are cute and fun to check in on!