Thursday, February 19, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

So if I'm being completely honest, I really have no desire to do this post. I know that once I start responding to "tags" they'll keep coming. I thought that perhaps if I ignored this one long enough, I'd forget about it. My guilty conscience took over. I figure if Jess has time to do 2 blogs, I should have time to respond to a tag after several weeks. So here it is:

The rules for the Honest Scrap Award:
The honorees are to-
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself-and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep
B) pass the award on to seven bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap

My 10 honest things.
1. I think I love to sleep more than about anything else in this world.
2. I've "chilled out" tremendously in the last 5 years - somehow I'm not nearly so stressed out as I used to be (that should probably be attributed to "someone" :) rather than something.)
3. I've never been intimated by much - I love challenges and like being pushed to learn more and do better.
4. Speaking of intimidation, there is nothing that scares me to death more than becoming a mom.
5. In almost all aspects of my life, I could be considered a "control freak." I have a hard time letting other people do things for me - mostly because I know it won't be done "MY way!"
6. Ever since I can remember, I've had my whole life planned out! Things don't always work out the way I plan, but I have a way of "looking to the future."
7. One of my life-long plans was to be a business woman - turns out I ended up being a teacher instead. It's been one of the best decisions I ever made. I love it!
8. Although I never lived in a small town growing up, coming to Star Valley has been an awesome move for Andy and I, and I have no desire to move back to the city.
9. I love to cook! If I had more time, I would create an awesome dinner every day. In fact, one of my dreams is to go to culinary school.
10. I have a slight case of OCD. I've acknowledge the fact that I have issues, and tried to work on them, but I think I'm actually getting worse as I get older. What's gonna happen when kids come?

Now I am giving the Honest Award to:
1. Tanilee Matthews
2. Victoria Hale
3. Nicki Burton
4. Amanda Smith
5. Julie Hazleton
6. Melenie Taylor
7. Jen Shields

10 comments:

NICKI said...

Slight case of OCD? (see number 10) J/K My real point in commenting on this post is to say STAY OFF THE BLOG IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS TAG ME!

Julie said...

You shouldn't be scared about becoming a mom! You are gonna be so great! It's hard work, but when your baby looks up at you with adoring eyes like you're the one who put the sun in the sky, it's all worth it!

Melenie said...

I agree with Julie, you're going to be great. If I can handle a kid, just about anyone can.

Jen said...

You WILL be an awesome mom! That's cool that you are loving Star Valley...I would like to come visit there sometime! If they are hiring for any history teachers out there, who knows, we might even move out there! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for being a sport! You will be an awesome mom! I can't wait for more cousins! Love ya!

The Snow Queen said...

OCD and parenthood go hand in hand. This is what my day sounds like. "Put away your blanket. Put away your blanket. Put away your blanket. Phoenix, put away your blanket. Poppy can you please put away your blanket. Put away this hideous blanket! If someone doesn't put away this stupid, ugly, piece of knotted fleece blanket I'm going to throw it away!!" 1 hour later: "Put away your blanket. Put away your blaket..." Well you get the picture. Let's not even get into the shoes. You'll be great. Anyone who has sense enough to be scared will be great. It's the ding-dongs that think it's a piece of cake that worry me.

The Snow Queen said...

PS I'm Andy's (Drew's) cousin. I know kinda random. I have 4 little kids. My oldest is 7 and my youngest is 1 today!

Susan said...

You'll lighten up even more...there is no way you can keep a little one as clean and germ free as you would like. And a little dirt and germs help toughen them up so they don't catch every "bug" that comes along in the real world. We can't wait for grandbaby #8. You'll be a great mom and Andy will be an awesome dad.

Melenie said...

You're almost halfway done! When do you find out the gender?

Anonymous said...

hello this is slim shady....i love your blog.....thank you very much!