Monday, January 26, 2009

Guess What?

Here is the news that you have all been waiting for...we are having a baby! Drew told me that as the patriarch of the family, he was giving me an assignment to make my first post. I don't think the news has really sunk into my thick skull. In fact I would not be making this announcement right now if it weren't for my wonderful husband. Maybe one day, when the baby's finally here, or when my belly is too big to see my toes, it'll all sink in. Until then...all your wonderful advice is welcome. Comment away :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again!!! I obviously already knew but feel so privileged to be the first to comment. The Taylors are going to be the best parents. Their kids will keep our kids in line. Love ya both.

Julie said...

We're so excited for you! Can't wait to find out if we'll be getting you pink stuff or blue stuff! When you're snuggling with your new baby all the crap Rachel is going to go through will be worth it! Love you both.

Jen said...

Congratulations! This is your old friend, Jen Hagen, by the way! I don't know if you read the comments from your last post but I'm glad I found your blog! I've done such a horrible job of staying in touch! Email me so I can add you to my blog! Also, you really should join facebook if you haven't already...it's a great way to stay in touch!

Melenie said...

Can't wait! My advice is take a nap everyday and use lots of cocoa butter lotion on your belly. And finally, just enjoy being pregnant because it goes really fast.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Yay! Ive been waiting for a post from you guys! Go on lots of dates and sleep cuz it ain't happenin when Andy Jr comes along! Love you!

severts6 said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! We are sooooo excited for you guys!!! YAY! Ok, so I'm too excited to think right now, I'll have to come back with some advise later. :)

Ryan said...

Nice work you two! It finally sunk in that I was a parent last week. Okay, so maybe it was a little earlier than that, but I remember Tucker being about six months old and me thinking, is that mine? Am I really a dad? That is such good news. Congratulations!

The Sohm's said...

HOORAY! I am so excited. I can't believe how close our due dates are. It will be so fun! Love Ya

Steph said...

CONGRATS, Rachel!!! Nicole told me and also congrats on blogging for the first time :) NOw all you need to do is get your rearend over to facebook.

The Snow Queen said...

Awwww I'm so NOT jealous! My four are plenty. Babies are so wonderful and they make the world look so different. You can do it! Do what you can and listen to what you want to.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad this is public knowledge now. Let the festivities begin!! I could not be happier for you two. This baby is a lucky little guy/girl.

Mariel said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats, Rachel! Also, congratulations on your first post, you need to do lots more!