- Ryan is ALL BOY. By that I mean that he is very active, full of energy, and always moving! He loves to play with other kids his age, but he's also pretty content to entertain himself if other kids aren't around.
- Ryan LOVES his Dad. Doesn't matter who else is around, if Dad is home, Ryan is at his side. The two of them are great buds, and have so much fun together. Last week Andy took Ryan for a snowmobile ride, and they went sledding down the hill at the elementary school. Ryan has asked to go snowmobling and sledding 20 times a day ever since!
- In January, Ryan decided that he was ready to start using the toilet and quit wearing diapers. I was NOT ready to potty train him; I was dreading doing it, and figured it would be easier to wait until this summer when I'm not working and would be home consistently. One evening Andy & I went to an Elder's Quorum Activity and left Ryan home with a sitter. When we got back, she told me he'd gone poop in the toilet. WHAT?!? I had to double check what I thought I'd heard, and sure enough, he'd done the deed. He was so excited about it, I thought I better use his momentum and go with it. So that Saturday I put him in big boy undies, and he went the entire day without a single accident. I could hardly believe it. He figured out #1 right away, and after a couple days struggling with constipation, he figured out #2 as well. In less than a week he was potty trained. He's done great ever since!
- Ryan really is an easy-going, happy guy. He's pretty content and happy about life most all the time. He's become fairly independent, wanting to do most things himself. He is very verbal, using full-sentences almost all of the time. He still LOVES music, and is always asking for it to be on so he can dance. He loves to play with any type of ball: shooting baskets, throwing and catching, or kicking. He is also really good at puzzles and love to put them together just so he can take them apart again. His favorite thing right now is to have his little brother around. He's a great big brother and a joy to have in our house :)
I can't believe my little guy is going on 3 years old already! Time really flies. We sure love our Ryan!









2 comments:
Your boys are growing so fast! They are both so handsome. Little boys are the best!
I can't believe potty training was that easy for you. That's not fair. You should keep it a secret or people might hate you! ;)
Post a Comment