Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Colton at 6 months

My little Colton is growing right up!  He's at the fun age where his personality is starting to shine through and he responds to everything.  A few things about Colt at this age:
  • This little guy is VERY attached to his momma.  If I'm in the room, he doesn't care much to see anyone else.  Flattering, but occasionally frustrating as well ;)
  • Up until this last month, Colton has NOT been a very good sleeper.  I think I ruined him by spoiling him so much to begin with.  I always held him, and rocked and cuddled him to sleep, and that became what he expected.  The hard part was that he would wake up several times a night (sometimes every hour) and want to be held or rocked back to sleep.  The last couple of weeks I started letting him cry it out, and he's finally figured it out.  He gradually started sleeping better for about a week, and the last 2 weeks he's slept the entire night through!  Bliss...
  • Colton is starting to interact with everyone.  He lights up when you walk in the room or talk to him, and he turns his head and smiles when he hears your voice.  He loves to play with toys and chews on everything!  That may have something to do with his bottom 2 teeth that are coming in.
  • Colton just started rice cereal, and he learned how to eat it really quickly.  He seems to like it pretty well, and I think he'll be starting some veggies soon.
  • The little guy is all but crawling.  He's not there yet, but I think he will be any day now.  He loves to get up on all fours and rock back and forth, trying so hard to scoot!  
  • When Colton gets excited, he starts screaming and squealing at the top of his lungs.  He almost looks like he's mad, or being a "tough guy," but he's really just so excited that he wants to get your attention.  It's pretty darn cute :) 
  •  Colton sure loves his big brother Ryan, and we sure love our little Colton!
  •  At 6 months, Colton weighs 11 lbs 8 oz, is 23 3/4 inches long, and is wearing 0-3 month clothes.  Still not on the charts, but I'm realizing that's just how my boys are.

1 comment:

Julie said...

He is growing up so fast and alread looks so different from the last time I saw him. Love that little guy. Glad he's finally sleeping for you! whew. You've gotta have been one tired momma!