Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ryan at 6 months

6 months already - half a year! Ryan continues to grow up so quickly, and I think he gets cuter every day. He's still very small for his age: below the 5th percentile in height, weight and head circumference - I guess that means his body is proportional! He now weighs 12 pounds, 15 ounces, is 25 inches long, and his head is 16 1/4 inches around.



In one of my last posts, we had just started him on rice cereal. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well for mom and I gave up on it quickly. The 3 days I fed him cereal he was fussy and didn't sleep well. Coincidence? Probably, but it sure didn't keep me motivated to continue. So I gave it up temporarily. At Ryan's 6 month appointment, the doctor informed me he wasn't very happy with Ryan's weight gain, so he wanted me to start him on cereal and solid foods. We've been feeding him rice cereal again for the last week and he's doing great with it - he seems to really like it and hopefully he's gaining some more weight.





He's also started doing a funny little action with his head; I don't know how to describe it, it's just so funny to watch that I had to document it. The best way I can think to explain it is that he looks like one of those "bobble-head" dolls when he shakes his head around. I caught a bit of it on camera, but you really have to see it in person to get the full effect.



Disclaimer: Please ignore the voice over of the crazy lady in the background :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad he's doing well with the cereal. Do you have Babywise book 2? There's a chapter about starting cereal and then transitioning to veggies and fruits. I'll let you read it when you're here this weekend. It seems a little overwhelming as you're starting it and I found the book very helpful. Love the head bobble. So cute!

severts6 said...

That's awesome - I love how he gets into the music!

Jen said...

He does keep getting cuter and cuter!

Priscilla said...

Rachel...he's sooo adorable! So sorry I missed you over Christmas in Utah. Hopefully next time I'm up there you will be too! Would Love to see you! :O)