Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ryan at 3 years

I know I'll say this every year for the rest of his life, but I really can't believe that Ryan is 3!  Seems like I just had him yesterday....

After celebrating his birthday with Andy's family in Cedar City, Ryan arrived home to find his present from Mom & Dad - a new bike.  He jumped right on and hasn't looked back since!  He's loved riding it all summer and got the hang of it really quickly.  We had to spend a little time teaching him to brake, but other than that, he's been a pro from the get-go.
 

 About a week later, Grandpa and Grandma Sunday came to visit and Ryan got to celebrate yet again (this time with Colton).  Another round of birthday presents and some Layered Pudding Dessert, and we had finally gotten in all our celebrating.

 Ryan really has been a pretty easy toddler to raise (knock on wood!).  He's easy-going, has a happy temperament and loves life.  He gets along well with kids of all ages (he especially likes running around with the older neighborhood kids) and always wants a friend to play with.  He loves to do anything outside - ride bikes, throw the football, kick the soccer ball, play tag, go to the park, hit the baseball, or just about anything else that involves the outdoors....it's going to be a long winter!  He also loves water - begs to go swimming all the time (we need a pool!) and loves when we go boating.



 Ryan's also a great big brother.  He LOVES Colton - too much, sometimes!  He always wants to be holding, wrestling, cuddling, and in the face of his brother.  Luckily, Colton takes it all in stride.  They really play well together, and I'm sure they'll only have more fun as they get older.

 Ryan finally gave up his naps this summer - much to my chagrin.  I tried to hang on to the afternoon nap as long as possible, but it just got to the point where we had to let it go.  Whenever he had a nap, he'd be up until 10 or 11 at night, which is too late for me!  He'd still wake up with the sun (usually by 6:30), so then he was tired for a nap again that afternoon, which kept him up late that night....you get the picture.  A vicious cycle.  I finally just quit letting him nap all together.  Now he goes down by 7:30 or 8:00, and he sleeps a little longer in the morning, usually till about 7:30.  Occasionally, (see picture below) the days catch up to him and he sacks out on his own :)

One thing I'm loving right now is hearing Ryan voluntarily say, "Mommy (or Daddy), I love you soooo much!" several times a day.  It's hard to go back and remember life before this little guy was around.  He's added so much happiness and joy to our family.  Love you Ry-Ry!

No comments: