So this post is probably for me more than anyone else, but I wanted to write down all these new things about Ryan before I forget! It's hard to think I could forget anything about him, but he's just changing so fast it's amazing! He had his 4 month appointment yesterday. He now weighs 12 pounds, is 24 inches long, and his head circumference is 16 inches. He's still only in the 5th percentile for weight and length, but he's growing!
He's been sleeping through the night for about a month now (wahoo!), but he's not much of a daytime sleeper. If I'm lucky, he takes a 20-30 minute catnap in the morning, a good 2 - 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon, and another short catnap in the evening. I asked the doctor if that was normal - he laughed at me and said most 4 month olds sleep twice that much during the day (just as I suspected). But as long as he's not cranky all the time, I shouldn't be concerned. Ryan's pretty good-natured, so I guess I should just plan on an excited baby. I think he doesn't like to sleep during the day because he's afraid he's going to miss out on something. Perhaps I'd better prepare myself for an adventuresome toddler :)
No teeth yet, but he's found his hands and they are ALWAYS in his mouth. He is also very droolly (is that a word?), so I think teeth might be on the way soon. He loves to be tickled - he's very ticklish - and it's pretty cute to watch him laugh. He also loves to be talked to and will coo and smile back. Basically, he's a wonderful baby and an awesome blessing in our lives. We love you Ryan!

He's been sleeping through the night for about a month now (wahoo!), but he's not much of a daytime sleeper. If I'm lucky, he takes a 20-30 minute catnap in the morning, a good 2 - 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon, and another short catnap in the evening. I asked the doctor if that was normal - he laughed at me and said most 4 month olds sleep twice that much during the day (just as I suspected). But as long as he's not cranky all the time, I shouldn't be concerned. Ryan's pretty good-natured, so I guess I should just plan on an excited baby. I think he doesn't like to sleep during the day because he's afraid he's going to miss out on something. Perhaps I'd better prepare myself for an adventuresome toddler :)
No teeth yet, but he's found his hands and they are ALWAYS in his mouth. He is also very droolly (is that a word?), so I think teeth might be on the way soon. He loves to be tickled - he's very ticklish - and it's pretty cute to watch him laugh. He also loves to be talked to and will coo and smile back. Basically, he's a wonderful baby and an awesome blessing in our lives. We love you Ryan!
3 comments:
He's just too cute. You'll always be glad you've written this stuff down somewhere because you forget so much. I'm so bummed we don't get to see you next week. Sucky!
Oh look at da baby! Hopefully he will TAKE naps when he's 2!!
Look at him...he is ADORABLE! SOOO cute Rachel!
Post a Comment